Here we are! My first post (on this blog, anyway!)

Hopefully, you’ve read the “About” bit of the site (because that’s the first thing you generally see when you get here) and have an idea of what I’m trying to accomplish.

The fact is, I’ve been a small business owner for most of my life. But now I’ve retired and supplement my pension with online income.

It’s suddenly dawned on me that there are many folks my age who are in a similar situation, but who don’t know how to start making a supplementary income from the internet.

Unfortunately, there’s no end of gobbledegook & just plain BS out there from people who are just trying to empty your wallet with claims of untold wealth, fast cars, and wonderful mansions – all at the touch of a button.

The truth is, it takes work – just like anything worth having.

But it needn’t be a lot of work – the truth is, once you’ve done the groundwork, the rest is easy!

So what you won’t get here is:

  • some spotty youth pretending to be worldly-wise
  • hyped up sales pages
  • pushy sales tactics for products that haven’t even been tried in the real world
  • “techie” language that no one really understands

That said, I’m not claiming everything on this site will be produced by me, but it will have been tried out in a real business before I tell you about it.

Anyway, enough of that. Click on the headings in the categories list to the right for posts that should give you an introduction to internet marketing for real people. 

Or just scroll down until you see something that sparks your interest.

Email Marketing – How To Design A Quality Email

Email Marketing
Email Marketing



If you’re thinking of implementing an email marketing campaign, and you’ve already chosen your e-mail delivery method, you should take the time to analyse what makes a quality email in an email campaign.




Below you’ll find some great tips that have been gathered from various experts in the field of online marketing and that will help to ensure that your emails are more likely to be opened and read.

Continue reading Email Marketing – How To Design A Quality Email

Article Marketing – The Key To Successful Internet Marketing

Article Writing
Keys To Article Writing



“Article Marketing can be the one key you need to finally become successful in Internet Marketing.”




How often have you heard this? Whilst it’s true, thousands upon thousands of other hungry people looking to make an income from the internet have heard the same thing. Therefore, you‘ll have to master the art of article writing to beat your competition.

  Continue reading Article Marketing – The Key To Successful Internet Marketing

7 Ways To Build Your E-mail List

Email List Building Tactics


Once you decide to embark on an email campaign, your next task is to build your email list, but where do you get it from?  Many people are tempted by the “quick fix” of buying email marketing lists.  Don’t make the same mistake!


In all probability, you’ve seen the ads that offer you millions of email addresses for a relatively low cost. It looks good but, if you fall for one of these ads, you’ll end up being labelled as a ‘spammer’ almost as quickly as you send the email.  It’s more than likely that the vast majority of the messages you send will end up in ‘spam’ boxes, never get opened and you’ll reap zero benefit from your efforts.  Statistics tell us that, on average, 70% of the addresses you purchase are, in fact, bogus or have been duplicated and the remaining 30% have not agreed to receive emails.

Continue reading 7 Ways To Build Your E-mail List

The Limitations Of Internet Marketing And How To Deal With Them

Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing

For some time now, internet marketing has been viewed as the future of advertising, but there are some internet marketing limitations that everyone has to deal with.


Whilst online advertising is a great way to reach a large number of people at very low cost, being aware of it’s limitations can help you target your online marketing campaigns better and get you more business.

  Continue reading The Limitations Of Internet Marketing And How To Deal With Them